Proper bearing lubrication for electric motor applications is an important, yet commonly overlooked, topic that can directly impact the longevity and effectiveness of equipment. Today, we’re revisiting this timeless topic as we look back on our educational webinar presented by one of our valued partners, Midpoint Bearing. In this training, Midpoint Bearing’s own Bud Frabell provided several helpful lubrication tips, such as:
- Ensuring correct viscosity
- Making sure that the proper amount of lubrication is being used (bearing manufactures fill their sealed and shielded bearings with approximately 25-45% fill)
- Re-lubricating at proper intervals
- Only using compatible greases
- Using clean lubricants
- Utilizing sealing technology to avoid possible contamination of the bearing
To view the full webinar detailing this important topic, click here.
ABOUT HI-SPEED INDUSTRIAL SERVICE
Founded in 1946, Hi-Speed Industrial Service specializes in repair and sales of electro-mechanical equipment (electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, fans and blowers); service, repair and construction of overhead hoist and crane systems; technology-enhanced predictive and preventative maintenance services; and round-the-clock availability. With locations in Millington and Little Rock, Hi-Speed provides services to clients throughout the southeast. For more information, visit www.gohispeed.com or call 800-713-0103.