In May 2020, Hi-Speed Industrial Services held a webinar on common crane issues led by Mike Ursery, Director of Hoist and Crane Operations at Hi-Speed, with guest speaker Ryan McDaniel with A2H Architects, Engineers, Planners entitled “From the Wheels Down: Structural Considerations and Overhead Crane Inspection, Maintenance and Operations.” Key points that the presenters reviewed in this webinar include:
- Indicators of foundation issues
- Considerations when a customer wants to add another hoist or bridge to an existing system or upgrade capacity on an existing system
- What structural issues can cause or worsen rail wear
- How to identify misalignment
- How temperature affects a structure, and
- How to know when a beam has reached its useful life
To view the full webinar detailing these important topics, click here.
ABOUT HI-SPEED INDUSTRIAL SERVICE
Founded in 1946, Hi-Speed Industrial Service specializes in repair and sales of electro-mechanical equipment (electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, fans and blowers); service, repair and construction of overhead hoist and crane systems; technology-enhanced predictive and preventative maintenance services; and round-the-clock availability. With locations in Millington and Little Rock, Hi-Speed provides services to clients throughout the southeast. For more information, visit www.gohispeed.com or call 800-713-0103.